License end of user license agreement
We know font licensing can be hard to understand because every foundry has its own. We try here to present you our commercial license as clearly as possible
- What can I do with a commercial license ?
- I can create a coffee mug, pen, greeting card etc. to be sold for profit
- I can create a logo for my business
- I can create clothing to be sold for profit
- I can use the font in a freelance project or contract work for a client
- I can create logos or other graphical elements for my client
- I can create and print documents, as well as static images (JPEG, TIFF, PNG), even if the images are used on the web or in a mobile app
- I can modify the outlines in my artwork to make it how I want
- I can use the font for several clients or several projects
- I can use the font for life because our commercial license is perpetual
- What can't I do with a commercial license ?
- I can't embed the font in the web using @fontface except if web versions are included in the commercial license (earth logo) - if not, I can ask for a web license [email protected]
- I can't build the font into a computer game, mobile app, eBook, phone, printer, TV or camera
- I can't install the font on several computers, I need as much licenses as computers or I need a custom license from Herofonts
- I can't give the font to my client, if he needs a change regarding my work, he needs me or he needs to buy a commercial license
- Full end of users licence agreement
End user license agreement
By downloading this font, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. This Agreement, in conjunction with the receipt (email) that accompanies each purchase from Herofonts constitutes the complete agreement between you and the Herofonts Foundry.
With a free for personal use version, you can't use our fonts for a commercial purpose. Our fonts are protected by copyrights and international treaties. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of our fonts, or any portion of it may result in severe penalties and legal proceedings.
Here important points if you bought a pro license :
1. Allowed uses
You may use the licensed fonts to create images on any surface such as computer screens, paper, web pages, photographs, movie credits, printed material, T-shirts, and other surfaces where the image is a fixed size. You may use the licensed fonts to create EPS files or other scalable drawings provided that such files are only used by the household or company licensing the font.
2. Number Of users
The pro version license cover only one user, one computer. If you need a special license with an unlimited number of users please contact us.
3. Third parties
You may not provide the font or make it accessible to any other third parties.
You may embed the licensed fonts into any document you send to third parties. Such documents may be viewed and printed (but not edited) by the recipients. You may not under any circumstances embed the licensed fonts into software or hardware products in which the fonts will be used by the purchasers of such products. Such use requires a different license which may be offered by the Foundry. Please contact [email protected] for further information to obtain an embedding permission upgrade.
You may import characters from the font as graphical objects into a drawing program and modify such graphical objects. You may not modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works based on the licensed font itself without Foundry’s prior written consent.
The font and the accompanying materials are copyrighted and contain proprietary information and trade secrets belonging to the foundry owning the font. Unauthorized copying of the Product even if modified, merged, or included with other software, or of the written materials, is expressly forbidden. You may be held legally responsible for any infringement of the foundry’s intellectual property rights that is caused or encouraged by your failure to abide by the terms of this Agreement.
This Agreement is effective until terminated. This Agreement will terminate automatically without notice from Herofonts Foundry if you fail to comply with any provision contained herein. Upon termination, you must destroy the written materials, the Product, and all copies of them, in part and in whole, including modified copies, if any.
8. Product Upgrades
Herofonts may, from time to time, update the Product. Product upgrade pricing may apply.
9. Disclaimer and Limited Warranty
Herofonts warrants the Product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of twenty one (21) days from the date of delivery as shown on your receipt. Herofonts ' entire liability and your exclusive remedy as to a defective product shall be, at Herofonts option, either return of purchase price or replacement of any such product that is returned to Herofonts with a copy of the PayPal invoice or purchase e-mail. Herofonts shall have no responsibility to replace the product or refund the purchase price if failure results from accident, abuse or misapplication, or if any product is lost or damaged due to theft, fire, or negligence. Any replacement product will be warranted for twenty one (21) days. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights, which vary from state to state.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED ABOVE, THE PRODUCT, IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. THE FOUNDRY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Product rests upon you. Herofonts warrants that the functions contained in the Product will meet your requirements or that the operation of the software will be uninterrupted or error free.
HEROFONTS FONT FOUNDRY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT EVEN IF THE FOUNDRY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.